2011年1月27日星期四

I never really felt like the city beyond the Citadel was alive and I know that it's due in part to the developers looking to give the game a larger sc

I never really felt like the city beyond the Citadel was alive and I know that it's due in part to the developers looking to give the game a larger scope, focusing on a story that encompassed more of the galaxy as a whole, but I think it'd be great to see a game set in a futuristic city, but approached in a way that would suggest that it's got just as much history as D.C. does in Fallout 3. I feel like someone needs to craft a story set in that world much in the same way that I wish directors would take some cues from the more imaginative replica Panerai PAM00279 Men's Watch novels of the 70s and 80s (and more recently novels like “Altered Carbon” by Richard K. Morgan) and craft a story that doesn't so much attempt to relate the more fantastical concepts of Sci-fi to the world that we know today, and instead looks to wildly speculate on what things might be like for us (if we're still around) some 3,000 years in the future.

I love Mass Effect, but something about playing a game set in that world with the freedom to explore and the subtleties (ME 1 was closer to this feeling — ME 2 seemed to ditch the RPG elements and go for the big-budget blockbuster feel) that you'll find in a game like Oblivion sounds really intriguing.I point to a Sci-fi game replica Panerai PAM00243 Men's Watch chiefly because that's my favorite genre, but it could work in the form of some sort of government conspiracy storyline set in present day NY or Chicago with or without Sci-fi undertones (X-Files RPG?), or a story that begins here in the present day but ends some thousand years in the future on another planet.

Or perhaps it shifts between the two...or many different planets (I suggest the gov't conspiracy angle mainly because I'd imagine that some developers might see it as a more palatable subject for audiences).Personally, I've always found it to be an awesome idea but it wasn't until I played the Mothership Zeta DLC and Bioshock that I wondered what could come of a game that combined the depth of the former with the latter swiss replica watches game's storytelling, but took things in a direction that would elicit the feelings of wonder that I'd imagine people got from watching 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time.Lately I've found myself really admiring the retro Sci-fi book covers of guys like Dean Ellis and looking at something like the cover I've attached to this post always makes me wonder what the world depicted there (of which we only get a glimpse) would be like.